Team Finland Visit to Sri Lanka on 27-28 April 2017
Team Finland Visit to Sri Lanka
on 27-28 April 2017
Is your company in the healthcare sector? Discover business opportunities Sri Lanka has to offer for your company.
Join the business delegation and travel to Sri Lanka with Ms. Pirkko Mattila, Minister of Social Affairs and Health of Finland.
Interested? Register by 17 March via the link below and read more about the detailed practical information, costs involved and the program.
Why Sri Lanka?
The Economy of Sri Lanka has been growing steadily during the last years and the forecast for economic growth is in average 5.1 % a year in 2017 – 21. Sri Lanka's population is approximately the same as the population in the Nordic countries. The literate level of the population is more than 90 %. The new government has shown strong willingness to invest in the development of the health sector. This creates new opportunities for Finnish companies.
Focus areas and opportunities for Finnish companies:
1) Diagnostics and screening
2) Teacher training and nurse training
3) Pre-emptive health care
4) Digitalization in health care
5) Medical devices
- Meeting with Minister of Health
- Finland – Sri Lanka business seminar & workshops focused on health care
- Networking event with Finland – Sri Lanka Business Council
- Networking reception
Please notice that Minister Mattila will arrive to Sri Lanka on April 28 from a parallel delegation visit to Singapore on 24-27 of April 2017. The focus on the visit to Singapore is elderly healthcare, prevention healthcare, home care and rehabilitation. Mr. Rauli Suikkanen, Roving Ambassador for Sri Lanka will lead the delegation in Sri Lanka on April 27.
To cover the expenses, Finpro will charge a participation fee for arrangements in Sri Lanka for 27 – 28 April 2017:
- Micro businesses and SMEs: EUR 920 + 24% VAT per person
- Major companies: EUR 1450 + 24% VAT per person
Finpro will invoice the participation fee after the visit based on the actual costs. The invoiced fee does not exceed the amounts mentioned above.
For more information please contact:
- Mr. Eero Toivainen, Program Director, Finpro
Cellular: +358 40 343 33 79
- Mr. Petri Wanner, Desk Officer, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Maldine Islands, regional organizations, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Cellular: +358 40 731 45 09
- Ms. Erna Takala, Project Coordinator, Business Delegations, Finpro
Cellular: +358 50 511 45 02